CSIR-NET stands for Council of Scientific and Industrial Research National Eligibility Test. CSIR NET exam is conducted twice a year to choose the eligible candidates for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship Professors in Indian universities. These fellowships are sponsored by CSIR and UGC. The applications for CSIR NET 2022 are available on its official website. The Universities, National Laboratories, and Institutions in various domains of science offer research fellowships to train the students about the methods of research.
The candidates who wish to qualify for JRF and lectureship for assistant professor positions can apply through the NTA CSIR NET system through the official website. According to the latest notice released by the HRD group, the National Testing Agency will announce the CSIR NET 2022 exam dates in September.
The National Testing Agency determines the CSIR NET eligibility for 2022. In this case, eligibility is determined according to the applicant’s age and educational background. Read more about this exam on BYJUS exam prep.
Eligibility criteria for CSIR NET 2022
The CSIR NET test determines whether Indian citizens are eligible for JRF, Lectureships, or for Assistant Professorship in Indian colleges. Hence, It is important for the candidates to check the eligibility criteria, before applying for the CSIR UGC NET exam. Meeting the eligibility is a must for all candidates, failing which can lead to the cancellation of the applications. The eligibility criteria for CSIR net exam are as follows-
- Educational Eligibility:
- The applicants should have a minimum of 55% in their B.Pharma, B.tech M.Sc. MBBS or Integrated BS-MS.
- The candidates who belong to a reserved category are provided with the relaxation of 5% in marks.
- The candidates who are pursuing an M.Sc degree are also open to enrolling themselves for the CSIR exam.
- Any Engineering or Science candidate who wishes to enroll in a Ph.D. or Ph.D. integrated program is eligible to apply for the fellowship.
In order to appear for the CSIR NET exam the candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit:
On January 1st, 2022 the upper age limit for JRF was 28 years. There is a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age for the candidates belonging to the reserved categories or female applicants. The candidates belonging to the OBC category are provided with the relaxation of 3 years in the upper age limit. There is no specific age limit mentioned for lecturership.
The candidates who belong to the reserved categories and OBC category are provided with a relaxation of 5% each.
- Subject-wise Eligibility:
|Life Sciences||It is compulsory for candidates to have academic qualifications in life sciences only.|
|Physical Science||It is compulsory for a candidate to have the degree of M.Sc. physics or equivalent having the minimum percentage required.|
|Earth Science||It is compulsory for a candidate to have the degree of M.Sc. BS-MS, BS-4 years in earth sciences only having the minimum percentage required.|
|Chemical Science||It is compulsory for a candidate to have the degree of M.Sc, B. Tech in chemical science or equivalent degree in chemistry subject having the minimum percentage required.|
|Mathematics||It is compulsory for a candidate to have the degree of B.S. B, Tech, BS-MS, or any equivalent degree to mathematics having the minimum percentage required.|
What are the Best Books for UGC NET?
To take the UGC net preparation in the right direction, it is important to study from the best-recommended books. So following are some of the best books for Paper 1 of UGC NET 2022-
- Trueman’s UGC NET or SET General Paper 1 by Danika Publishing Company.
- NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF by Pearson Education, Third Edition.
- NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF by Arihant Publication, Eleventh Edition.
- NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF by JBC Press, First Edition.
- CBSE UGC NET- Teaching and Research Aptitude by Ramesh Publishing House.